I thought I'd make sugar cookies today..... bad idea. Beth insisted the sugar cookie recipe in the Not Just Beans cookbook was wonderful and since I've been looking for a good sugar cookie recipe ever since Kiowa ate the best recipe when she was a puppy, I tried it. Something happened between the recipe and the finished cookie and it wasn't a "good" happening. Sweet biscuits.... if you used alot of imagination. GROSS cookies if you didn't. I have NO idea what I did. They are presently in a black bag on the driveway aspiring to feed the vermin in the landfill. Ah well.... rats have to eat too.
I thought I'd make a stencil today to stencil a Bible verse over one of the doorways. Printed off the verse in a relatively nice font. I found stencil paper, copied the verse onto the stencil paper and realized I'd need an exacto knife to make the stencil. So, I trapsed over to Walmart and got a handy-dandy exacto knife. I came home and discovered that some measure of coordination is required in the use of exacto knives.... and I am missing that measure. So... now we're considering using the transfer paper that you use for drawing.... might work.....might not and the black smudges that will result in the might not scenario have given me pause for the moment.
Hoping to have a better report soon..... love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love you posts, you are really funny!
Sorry the cookies didn't turn out. Mine worked, maybe I did something wrong and that is why they tasted good. I am sure the rats will be happy with you though. I am with you about the stencils. I have never been able to do the fine cutting needed. I tried a while back and gave up. Carbon paper is the way to go. Love you bunches.
Beth
yes i liked your post.... i love you, you make me smile mom :) hmmm i used an exacto knife for color but i wasn't perfect either.. but then that is not my personality to be that careful.... that is more like rach... ya know.... i am with the carbon paper... and figure i could wash off the smudges or if not they add a level of character don't ya know? lol :)
love you ever so much! :)
Post a Comment