Hello Everybody!
I have officially joined and am already having issues! I experimented and made a "shoofly" pie tonight for dinner from an Amish cookbook. The pie was pretty good, if you like molasses (the recipe calls for a cup of it, but by the time I realized that I had gone to far to turn back!) It was kindof like a very strong gingerbread pie. Anyway, I took a picture so I could post it, but froze my computer up in both attempts. So, Rachel and Matt will have to be my witnesses that the pie actually existed, and I will have to try and see if there is some way to tame the molasses before I make it again!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I always wondered what shoo-fly pie was.... now we know. :) I'm not sure that I'm that fond of molasses though....think that might not be my favorite but kudos to you for experimenting. :) I'm not quite that adventurous (mostly because I dread hearing...what is THAT???? at the dinner table) love you.
I thought about making it after reading alot of the amish books until I heard that it was made with molasses. Not a big fan of the taste but very adventursome of you. I need to dig through my recipe books and look for new experiments. Well got to run.
I understand I dread making someting new for fear of that exact thing.... yet i am dying to be adventursome and see if i can invent something fun... i agree though i don't know about molasses yet i have never had it so i can't say anything :) your doing an amazing job though girly with the the whole cooking thing.. making me look quite dull!
miss you sis!
Post a Comment