As promised I'm posting about the interesting idea I read last week and tried. What you had to do is divide your "goals" for the week into different categories and list them. It was supposed to help you prioritize, avoid majoring on fluff, and accomplish more. For categories, I came up with Spiritual, Decision-making, Relational, Physical, School, Home, Art, Sewing, Photography. This week I added the category Personal for stuff I wanted put in there but couldn't find a place. Anyhow, I tried it. I think I got alot more done, I definitely didn't get to everything on there.
Spiritual: Good Bible lessons for school (accomplished)
Choose a verse and memorize (accomplished Matt. 6: 19-21)
2 special prayer times instead of just one (nope didn't even come close to making that one :(
Decision: to art class or not to art class (accomplished....)
Relational: Blog twice (made it )
School: 5 days of productive school
Send in a book order
File Folders (make)
Bible Game
Clean out Volleyball files
Correct papers twice in the week
Make calls for volleyball
Prep for volleyball
(made all the school goals)
Home: Paint verse above doorway (well it's done....but I didn't do it , so I'm not sure if that counts except in a Tom Sawyer sort of way:)
oil change (nope same dirty oil)
Start on new verse for different door way (nope never even got close)
Physical: Bike twice (only made it once-but hadn't made it at all for weeks so that was an accomplishment even though it was small)
Art: Paint on mural twice (accomplished)
Start on colored pencil (not a chance, not even a little mark on paper)
Sew: Cut out one thing (nope)
Finish pink shirt (did this one.... about time.... the shirt was from June or earlier I think)
Pillows for bed (still a pillowless bed)
Photo: take marble photos (took them.... but they really weren't great )
So.....this was just my first try at goals. They weren't particularly lofty or anything.... but I think it forced my to focus some. I really didn't want to not be able to cross out any of them at the end of the week. So.... trying again to see what I think of this idea.... love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't have near that many goals. You amaze me to no end. I guess I have a long way to go. Right now I am frantically trying to get everything together for someones b-day and trying to ward off ear aches for both me and Kaleb. No fevers or anything though so not serious. I really want to get back to sewing. I have not made anything in two weeks because of all of the work in Kaleb's room. You inspire me though maybe I will get more done this week. Love you.
I really like the goals idea.....I think i will try it....but i wonder if I should start on Monday or if you can start mid-week. I think it would help to focus me in more areas then just keeping a clean house and make my time spent more interesting.
Okay I like your goal thing and I hope I can get my life organized so I can do it... sounds really impressive to be able to list all the stuff you got done besides it would keep a certain person accountable to alot of things that she isn't getting done... i am very impressed.
Post a Comment