Friday, August 10, 2007

Well, it's Friday. We started school this Weds and I must say I got spoiled by having summer vacation. I surely became accustomed to having a whole lot more time to get my work done. There's something sobering about trying to be consistently ready to anything by 8. Surely there's a law somewhere against having to Swiffer the floors before 8....or else pay by having to do it during lunch. Perhaps a liberate the swiffer law??
I was a few minutes late getting up this morning(5:45), and Jill and I went garage sale shopping for an hour before school (so I'm extra behind). We found absolutely nothing. One of the sales was in the neighborhood across from Walmart. I'd never driven through there before. OH MY!!! Those are some rich looking houses. They had bad taste in garage sales however.... they were selling free samples of shampoo for ten cents each.....boxes of them. Where does anyone even get that many free samples???? And why bother to try to sell them???? Guess there's a good mystery even in garage sales.
Weds. we went to the zoo and to Incredible Pizza as a kick-off. I took a bezillion pictures at the zoo and most of them were terrible. Ugh! I've tried to upload some images from it.... but don't see them yet. Perhaps they are lost in cyberspace. Neither was very good.... but the lizard is my new ugly friend.... he looks easy to talk to.... and I relate to the swan.... I usually deal with most things upside down. (if the images didn't load.... none of this will make a lick of sense :)
Incredible Pizza was an incredibly fun way to waste money. :) We played Deal no Deal for tickets and I took the deal for 56 when I had a suitcase full of 100..... well the deal looked like a good one.
Yesterday we played games all day for school..... too fun. Except I lost at everything.... except wordigo.... I got SMOSHED by Micah at dominoes. And.... Micah and I got SMOSHED by Joe at Scrabble. Some days.....
I really need to go paint on the mural....put stickies on my bathroom mirror and put the roast in. It's menu time again. I'm getting desperate for something different.....Can't seem to think of anything though. love you all!!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I think that we should create a union and I think that we will definently have no swiffering before 8 or during lunch....the only problem is who are we going to get to do it....outsourcing could be the answer :o)
Feeling a little better after a rest....Have a great rest of your day....

Jillian said...

You really amaze me with how much you get done and how cheerful you stay about it. It really means the world to me to be able to come over every day and it really inspires me to get more done in my house when i see you getting stuff done.
Can't wait to see what you have done on your mural, and hopefully we will find some better garage sales tomorrow.
hugs,
Jillian