Thursday, August 9, 2007

it starting to get funny....sigh!

Here is a pic of my dog sorry it is crooked... i messed up :) still working on a name :)
Well,
as everyone knows I didn't pass my driving test which after getting up and waiting for two hours was a lil bit of a letdown. To be totally honest I sobbed all the way home, rather over that top dramatic I know but at the moment it seemed like a reasonable response. :)
Anyways seeing how that put me in a good mood I was trying to be productive so I did some stuff in the house, played with the puppy and talked to someone about art classes. Which I offficially have my first student today. His name is Foster and he is thirteen. I put up a chart on my frig so I can hopefully start putting people down in time slots and so I can see how many I have. Silly I know but it was fun :).

Anyways back to my story so I decided after talking to Jill to go to Jo Anns and pick up a vinyl table cloth since mine was dirty and I am not sure when I will get my washer and dryer. Anyway I got a blue checkered one for two dollars including tax and was really happy and was walking home... as I was walking home I passed the drainage gutters along my street. Did anyone know it is possible to drop something down those and once you do it is quite a dilemna to get it out. Anyways tha is just what I did... and so I was going to go get a hanger at my house to see if I could grab it since my arm wasn't quite long enough when I saw a stick. So I thought I will use the stick... as I was reaching down I was like ya know this wouldn't be funny if it broke and sure enough right before I could grab it the stick snapped and it fell down again almost dumping the contents.... so at this point I had reached the height of ridiculous... who really ever drops their shopping bag down a rain gutter...so i went back to the house and got a hanger, walked back and slowly managed to get it out.... not a thrilling story but since it was on top of my morning it was just kinda funny.... so note to you all, watch out for gutters when you shop! :)



well I am going to go i am going to make mom's sausage dish with the corn bread.....

love you all

3 comments:

Beth said...

I think you have a new arch nemisis.....storm drain...While I feel sorry for you I am laughing really hard. I am glad that you were able to get it out. I probably would have given up so go you for perserverance. Your puppy is so cute. I want one so bad but alas apartments don't go well with dogs and big ones at that. Love you bunches and rooting for you on the parallel parking!

debi said...

I had no idea that storm drains were quite so voracious. I think you should start a campaign to abolish open grates on storm drains in the interest of public safety. You should get lots of signatures until the first rain. :)
At any rate, very tenacious of you to have figured a way to get that out of there. I'm not sure that I wouldn't have just pretended that it belonged to some other person and gone on my merry way.
Looking forward to you passing that test. love you!!

Jillian said...

You are so funny! I never knew that could happen...I am going to be nervous of strom drains now cause if it could happen to you I am doomed.
Can't wait to hold your puppy! Mine starts obedience school tomorrow.
Miss you like crazy!