Sunday, February 10, 2008

Marvin and Stanley are Adopted!!!


Here are my beautiful new corn plant trees that I adopted this week from the horrors of life in Wal-mart's garden center. Marvin is the tall one and Stanley is the little one....who dreams of being tall like his brother.....he looks up to his brother! Joel and I each named one....aren't they adorable ;)
I am trying to expand my life a little and my interests.....by this I mean paint, do crafts, cook new meals, sew new stuff, and blog alot more. I really love posting and especially reading everyone's posts.
I just want to make my weeks more exciting and productive. Thankfully Annastazia is sleeping great, and is spending several hours playing and amusing herself with toys so I have time to do stuff on my own.
I need to watch our money really carefully but I still want to do fun stuff with joel at night and on weekends. Does anyone have free ideas for us? Besides playing board games we are having trouble thinking of fun free dates. Please post any ideas!
Everyone have a fun night!
Hugs!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did not tell me that your plants had names! I was not properly introduced :( They are great though, as is your plaque. As for the free date idea....Let me think!

Beth said...

I love that you named your plants. We had a spider plant named Spidey for awhile, (not very imaginative) but I killed it. I love the plack too. Can't wait till I can fit crafts and such back into my life. Love and miss you.

debi said...

I would have to name all my plants Urich, if I named them. "Alas, poor Urich....." if you get my meaning. I'm afraid if house plants could talk, they would all begin to scream when I came to view them in the store (kind of on the order of Darla in Finding Nemo). :)
But your corn plants are lovely, although I do think there may be a misreading of gender on the short one. Might I suggest Chloe or Priscilla???? :)

debi said...

Most of the ideas for free dates are easier in warmer weather. In this weather you're stuck with collecting all the kindling in the neighborhood and reading aloud by firelight, or running tournaments with games that you are especially competitive with. If you really get bored you can decide to paint the walls of your garage with all the little leftover bits of paint that you end up with after painting all those rooms. Maybe in one of those abstract modern styles like Mondragon (not sure if that's the spelling)....
When it warms up, it's fun to pack dinner(or any other meal.... even breakfast) and eat at a picnic area (on post, at the refuge, at the park etc.) Choose a really far place to walk to and get a soda when you get there. Get a cookbook from the library and make something unusual.... Go to a park and take funny digital pictures....hmmm.... guess these are pretty lame but I tried. :)

rachelerin said...

i think the best free date is showing up at someone in your families house and asking "so what's for dinner? and what are we doing for fun afterwards?"

seriously though, read books, take long walks, write plays and act them out with on video camera (you can always use us for extras in your movie) paint together (i love mom's idea of painting the garage...i would make a mural on the wall!) ummm...learn to do oragami, go to the library and pick up a how to do something book and learn how to do it. write a novel together....i dunno. bad i deas i'm sure. i'll think.