Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Housewife

I have really been bummed lately about just being a housewife, not that I don't love what I do, but I feel like it is not anything important or like a what everyone considers a "real" job. But God reminded me of the verse
Ecc 9:10 "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;" And I realized that being a mom and housewife is what God has for me to do right now and instead of feeling unimportant I need to focus on being the best mom and housewife I can for Him.

That said I am trying to work on keeping up on housework, and budgeting the money this week, and the infamous getting up earlier!

I did a ton of laundry today, picking up the house, and cleaning and scrubbing my kitchen.

I need to work on do more fun crafts and things in the house to fill some of my extra time between baby and cleaning.....mind you its not muc time but I want more fun things to do.

I decided to use up the rest of the spray paint. I gathered everything I had picked up for a quarter or so at garage sales last summer. I sprayed it all and tonight I am going to hang these things around my house.


I was really pleased with how they turned out. Well, I have to go finish Joel's supper!


Hugs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, they look fab!!!!! I would have never thought of spraying them colors! As for the verse, that is so true. NO matter what you do it ends up being the same thing....work! :)

Tyna said...

I love them girly.. they look gorgeous I hope I can find stuff like that they are so pretty....
love you!

Beth said...

I am sorry that you are blue. I keep hoping that we will get to move closer. It would be nice to have someone close who is doing the same stuff. Sorry about the boring. I usually try to cook something (dessert) that is really exotic or read a good book when I get blah. Right now I really need to clean my house. I love the spray paint job.

debi said...

I especially love the pink stuff!!! It really looks amazingly fun. love you.