Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Hair and a Quilt


Kaleb's hair has not wanted to lay down for a while now and so I finally did what I knew needed to be done. I now have a spikey haired boy. Here is a pic. He loves his new fuzzy hair. I was sad to loose his little boy look though. Kaleb helped me yesterday to pick out fabric for his new quilt. Which was hilarious as he actually had an opinion. I got the brilliant idea to do a mosaic quilt which is cool but a lot of work. I have two of the blocks done. They are made of 3 inch squares and contain 49 each. Talk about alot of sewing. I have not figured out what the finally product will look like after I get the border and all on but it should look okay. Well Kaleb needs a nap. Love you all and miss you all tons.

4 comments:

debi said...

Everyone loved Kaleb's hair. He looks sooooo grown-up. It's amazing what a haircut can do. The quilt squares are amazing!!!!! You are one diligent lady, and certainly challenge me. I made the mistake of showing the quilt squares to the boys..... guess I know what's looming for me to do. :) BTW, tell Kaleb I loved his fabric choices.... very boy and very fun. love you!

Anonymous said...

Beth, as I said earlier the quilt is amazing and that little boy obviously has his mother's eye for color! I love the haircut, it is adorable! Love you all and Happy New Year!

Jillian said...

Kaleb has great taste, I wonder if he will like art when he is older. I love the pattern that you put the squares into. His hair is really cute.....do you use gel to spike it?

Tyna said...

Kaleb looks so big... and I love his sqares... I miss you both so much!