Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Inspiration?

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to motivate myself to do art stuff. Part of the problem has been that I didn't have a stool to sit on while working at my easel. Mostly however I think that I just lack discipline. I picked up a raw wood stool for 15 dollars at michaels this week and painted it fun. I thought that if I had a fun place to sit maybe it would inspire me. Probably it will not work but it was fun to paint anyways. I think that it ended up very modern looking which is funny because my house is not not modern but that is okay. So here are the pics of the stool. I love you all bunches and hopefully today will mark the beginning of getting some art into my life.

3 comments:

debi said...

Did you really paint the top??? It's so neatly done it looks like fabric to me. Very cool! NOW that you have a cool seat you have to get drawing and or painting!!!
love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you have already started! That seat is amazing! I knew you said it was plaid like but that was more than I expected! It SO looks like material!

Tyna said...

I love the seat too beth... I thought you had covered it when I first saw it... it is amazing and I love the colors... I think that they are right you did start... I will swap ya... I will try to help you paint if you will help me get up... I need motivation there.. and also in the sewign dept. nothing I do turns out lately....
beutiful though beth just beautiful!
love you!