As the week comes to a close I realize that I had a very unproductive week. I really didn't get much done. I didn't even stick to a menu which resulted in only okay meals. I am determined to do better next week though. I think that I am not doing the menu thing as much because I am bored with the selection. I need some inspiration. Anybody made anything fun lately. I also have not been sewing. I have a jumper that is almost done but I can't seem to make myself sit down and finish it (mostly hemming it). I did try drawing but it was a complete failure. I have come to realize exactly how out of practice I am. Definently need to schedule more.
In other news I have a doctor lined up which is good and my first appointment is on the 29th. Josh and I are still hoping and praying to be somewhere closer when the baby comes but if we are still stuck here this doctor comes highly recommended and he is a christian. Well I really ought to rinse the breakfast dishes and take the smelly trash out. I hope that you all are doing well and I hope that you had a more productive week than I did. Oh and any menu ideas would be great. Miss you all.......Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sending the recipe for the chicken and dumplings. I made it tonight and it was really good. Only things is it takes a little longer to make than the 32 minutes the recipe states and a cup of frozen peas was a bit much and you can use canned chicken if you don't have fresh, it worked really well. Anyway, hope you are having a great day! See you Monday!
Creamy Chicken and Dumplings
1 tbsp of flour
12 ounces skinless, boneless breast halves or thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tbsp of butter
1 stalk of celery
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 onion, cut into wedges
1 1/4 cup of chicken broth
1 10 3/4-ounce can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
1/8 tsp of pepper
1 4.5-ounce package of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits*
1 cup of frozen peas
1. Place flour in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and shake until coated. In large saucepan cook chicken, celery, carrot, and onion in hot butter for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is brown. Stir in broth, condensed soup, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
2. Meanwhile, separate biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Stir peas into chicken mixture; returning to boiling. Place biscuit pieces on top of the chicken mixture. Simmer, covered , over medium-low heat 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the biscuit comes out clean. Serve in bowls. Makes 4.
* As an option, substitute drop biscuits for refrigerated biscuits. To prepare biscuits, in a medium bowl combine 1 cup packaged biscuit mix and 1/3 cup of milk. Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls into 8 dumplings on top of hot chicken mixture. Cook covered, as directed.
Post a Comment