I bought the tiles and a cutter to learn to mosaic. I am having a lot of fun. I chose to do glass tiles cause the ceramic are twice the price. Glass tiles are what Sara made my trivets in my kitchen out of. The cutters were 9 dollars with a coupon and they can cut the tiles into whatever shape you want. The tiles are 3. 67 a package and they have 24 or they are 3.47 and they have 48.....I am not sure why some colors cost more or contained more tiles? They have all different colors. They come in 3/4 inch squares or really tiny squares. I bought several colors and then I bought a bigger bag of mixed tiny squares that holds a couple hundred tiles and it was 12 dollars with a coupon. The base tile I found in a box in our shed. The previous owners left the tiles and I have a few boxes of them. The glue and grout I have left over in the garage from the black and white table Joel made....but they are pretty cheap to get if I need to.
I really want to play with someone else cause it is lonely to mess around with on your own. If anyone else is interested all you have to do is buy your own colored mosaic tiles and you could come play with me....we could even share colors so we get more choices. I could even host a craft day for mosaics. I will supply the 12 in by 12in base tiles cause I have plenty. All you need to buy is your mosaic tiles and you can use a coupon at Hobby Lobby. Let me know if anyone is interested. Its really easy to cut the tiles. I am going to make a Bible verse trivet for my kitchen counter......I already started making a cherry with leaves as you can see in the picture.
Well love and miss seeing you all more!
3 comments:
SO FUN! yes yes i will play with you :) i'll have to go get some stuff but maybe tues while the bread is baking? i don't know anything about it though...so you would have to teach me! love the cherry you did! oh and anastazia looked soooooooo cute this morning in her little outfit!
I love it too Jill you did a really good job last time I saw where you were... I miss you tons I want to play.... the city just is no fun without sisters! and moms too :)
love you.... and I agree Anastazia's outfit is adorable..
I am hoping that on one of my visits that I will get to play too
Post a Comment