Kaleb had his two year old doctor's appointment on Wednesday. He had to get a shot and that is always so sad. The doctor made a big deal about Kaleb's pacifier while we were there. So I decided to make him the bad guy and give giving it up a try. It did not go well. Not because he asked for it that much or cried but instead he couldn't fall asleep. He would be exhausted and his little mouth would start going in a sucking motion and he would toss and turn because there was nothing. I did some research and decided that I don't think that Kaleb is ready to give it up. I found a lot of articles that discussed the points that the doctor was making - teeth and ear problems- and discovered that they are not as clear cut as he made them sound. So I have no idea if I am doing the right thing or not but it seemed that him being able to sleep well was more important than the possibility of a over bite (which even the American dental association says can't happen till they are 6 and is usually in reference to finger suckers). So I am torn. Part of me feels like I should have just stuck it out and the rest of me just wants to comfort Kaleb. What do you all think?
So anyways not much else going on. I am looking into getting a gym membership so that I can get some workout time in for my back. I am also trying to get caught up on my sewing. I have several projects almost done. Most of them are waiting on ironing which I hate to do , not to mention that it is hard to do with Kaleb. Well I need to go check on my boys. Kaleb was cuddling with Josh on the love seat in his room and it has gotten very quiet so I think they may have fallen asleep. Talk to you all later.
3 comments:
Gorgeous purse! I keep being drawn by all the shiny red stuff out there.... but haven't found just the right thing yet. Hope you had a good weekend. love you!
love your purse......I want to get a new one soon....I want a bigger one but I have a tendency to make them so heavy that it is a chore to carry them.
Miss you!
That is an adorable purse.. I love it... I think that it is fine to keep using it but I am not a mom so my two cents isn't worth much... but the lack of sleep seems a bigger issue at least it would to me... sides maybe in a month or so he will be fine... ya know... i dunno... that is a hard call... but i think probably that it isn't a huge issue this young.... hope he is feeling better !
Post a Comment