Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Art classes

:)
well art classes started yesterday which was absolutely terrifying... Jer and I went and bough roller blades, a volleyball, and tennis racket for me ( he already has one) and went out to Lake Hefner Monday so we didn't get alot of house stuff done.... which made for a crazy day yesterday trying to get everything ready for students and my room put together. We also bought a table and black chairs so I am complete as far as supplies. It actually was a nice investment cause if we ever had a bunch of people we could actually seat them all. :)

so anyways I only had two yesterday because one of them was out of town. It was very nerve racking but it went off very well. The boy Micahaih I think and the girl Ferestaih something like that ( hard to pronounce just so you know ;) were really sweet and Micahaih was alot of fun he was pretty laid back so it went good. Both of them were pretty good as far as drawing wise so that was encouraging. Not Michelangelo quality but definitely beyond stick people :). I was pretty pumped and I got 70 dollars! It was fun to make money and get to almost play for it. I loved having people in my house too. It wasn't like being home but it made my day alot more fun.

Today I have 5 students! 12-17 and some of them are supposed to be "really" talented. So we shall see how it goes:). I miss you mom though, this is a whole lot harder than it looks...

as far as house stuff... I am finally getting the hang of laundry and feel like I am keeping up with it. I put in jello, baked chocolate chip cookies for my students, and have a roast that I am going ot do potatoes with for dinner. I made bread machine bread yesterday and it was really good and then I used half slices today and made french toast for breakfast. It was really good! YUM!

I want to work on some art stuff, finish up house stuff and cut up fabric too in a little bit. I also started up my memorizing again yesterday while I walk which made a big difference in my day as well. I felt a whole lot happier just taking that few minutes to work on them. Thanks mom though cause I really felt like I should pick it up again when you told me you were doing it. So thanks for the example :). But anyways I am going to post how faithful I am so that I am accountable.

Baryc is really really cute and as soon as I charge my batteries I will post new pictures. He is a little better behaved and a whole lot cuter. We are getting to be official buds which is fun to have a dog all to myself :). Don't tell Knightly though, I still miss him too!
love you all!
:)

1 comment:

debi said...

Knightly read the post over my shoulder and wants you to know that he's voted you out of the herd for treachery. :)
Glad to hear that art classes went well... i'm sure you'll do a wonderful job.
love you!