Thursday, June 19, 2008

my quilt squares





This is the square Jillian picked. I think it turned out pretty good and I didn't find the applique to be quite as big a problem as expected.


I also tried an"extra credit" square this week that I was curious about. It's the one called Bachelor's puzzle and it reminded me of the shadow quilts and the optical illusion ones that the amish do. It was an absolute bear to put together. I think I'm going to avoid paralellograms for the time being. I just couldn't find an easy way to put it together and ended up having to inset tons of pieces.... and got lots of puckers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in absolute awe! You're squares are beyond fabulous! (Did I spell that right???) Anyway, I love both of them. The bachelor's puzzle looks crazy hard, I can only imagine though it is exquisite. I love the colors you did for the spiral. I wish I had your eye for dramatic combinations! If you can't tell I love your squares! Love you!