Monday, July 30, 2007

my day

I feel like I spent my day slogging through a rainforest. The boys and I cleaned their room today. It was an amazing escapade into a dangerous jungle. We applied the 50% principle to diminish the amount of stuff in there (count the dinosaurs.... you can keep half). Some things were new or especially fun and those of course they could just keep, but for general junk.... 50%. Two enormous garbage bags later and a vanful to the Salvation Army, and the bedroom is no longer located in the Amazon. :) However it took ALLLLLLL day. So....other than dinner and the floors and a little bit of laundry not much else got done around here today.
I'm working on a grocery list for tommorrow but am having a terrible time with the menu. It seems so redundant. Anybody eating anything interesting????
When I actually get some paint on my mural I'll post a pic....if it's as easy as Jill says it is. Actually I wish that I had a picture of the ENORMOUS recluse that was in my shower last night. I thought I had the creepy crawlie award for the week, but Jill and Joel brought over the scorpion from their shower.... so I guess it's a tie. :)

2 comments:

Beth said...

It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff one can get into a room without knowing it. I am going to have to go through Kaleb's toys here soon before they take over. Love you.

Tyna said...

I totally understand.. the junk room in our house still is a mess... I am avoiding at the moment and working on other stuff and trying to get a better balance on stuff:) thanks for mentioning to me to take it easy mom it helped alot ... makes for a lot less grouchy tyna... :) as far as food ..... i am afraid i am not too exciting.. i am doing fried chicken prob tom and homemade pizza but that it about as exciting as it is going to get.. if you get a good idea let me know too..... i am totally ready for something exciting...
love you!